Located in the eastern and northern hemispheres, Asia is fast growing as a tourism destination. Covering 8.6% of the earth’s total area, it is the largest continent on Earth. With a population of 4 billion, that is 60% of the earth’s total population, Asia is also the leading continent in terms of population.
Culture of Asia
The vastness of the continent has resulted to a wide variety of cultures. There are many countries in Asia and each of the country has a distinct culture. These distinct cultures provide Asia a varied cultural identity. The culture of Asia is actually a blend of cultural heritage of different countries. However, if it is divided into cultural sub regions then the most prominent among them would be East Asian culture, Central Asian culture, West Asian culture, North Asian culture and the South Asian or the Indian subcontinent culture.
Major tourist spots in Asia
Asia as a tourism destination also presents a bright picture. It is a magnificent tourist destination with a wide variety of tourist spots. Infact, the variety of tourist destination will surely surpass the variety of cultures that prevails in Asia. Each of those tourist destinations presents a distinct color and a distinct flavor. Some of the major tourist spots in Asia are as follows:
- Great Wall of China, Bandaling: Spread across an area of 4,000 miles the Great Wall of China is one of the Seven Wonders of the World. Though, built with a motive of protecting China from invaders, currently, visiting the site is a ‘dream come true’ for every tourist. The tremendous popularity of the place as a tourist destination earns it approximately 16 million tourists, a year.
- Universal Studios, Tokyo: Universal studios may not be among the Seven Wonders of the World but it manages to draw more number of tourists than many wonders of the world. The theme park is beautifully made to provide optimum amount of entertainment to the visitors.
- Forbidden City, China: Completed in 1420, the city is protected by a 30 foot high wall. However, in 1925, the marvelous place was turned into a museum and visitors were given access since then. The footfall of 7 to 9 million tourists every year speaks volume about its popularity as a tourist destination.
- Taj Mahal, India: One of the Seven Wonders of the World, Taj Mahal is an integral part of Asia tour packages. The mesmerizing beauty of the Taj Mahal will make you wonder about the horizon of human skills. A structure that signifies love, visiting Taj Mahal will be one of your most pleasant memories in life.
- Petronas Towers, Kuala Lumpur: Petronas Towers is not only a popular site in Asia, it is equally popular among tourists from all corners f the globe. The 88 story twin towers with a height of 452 meters are a bright instance of man-made marvel.
Other major tourist spots in Asia
Major countries and their tourist spots
It may be a problem for tourists to go to the different countries during a single holiday. They need not worry at all as some of the countries alone have enough tourist destinations that can provide a wholesome holidaying experience to the tourists. Some of the major countries in Asia and their popular tourist spots are as follows:
- Taal volcano and Lake, Philippines
- Victoria Peak, Hongkong
- Hoan Kiem Lane, Vietnam
- Goa, India
- Beaches in Sri Lanka
- Jurong Bird Park
- Sultan Mosque
- Ancient cities
- Nature Parks
- Kashmir Valley
Maldives is the smallest country in Asia both in terms of population and area. The exotic beauty of the beaches is a great attraction for tourists.
- Burj Al-Arab
- Mall of the Emirates
- Jumeirah Mosque
• Dojangpo Maeul Hill
• Bosingak Belfry in Seoul
• History Park of Geoje